ADVENT CALENDAR 2015
Phew!! Nearly there, only 2 more
1. What is the name of the croissant-doughnut pastry invented by New York
City chef Dominique Ansel?
2. A large gypsum deposit at Montmartre in Paris led “calcined
gypsum” to be known as what?
3. What widely used typeface was developed in 1957 by the Swiss
designer Max Miedinger?
4. What type of cloud characterised by wispy strands takes its
name from the Latin word for ringlet or curling lock of hair?
5. What comes after oil as the world’s most traded
1. George Mallory
4. The lily
5. The Crucible